Monday 7 October 2013

Update | Where have I been?

It feels like it's been forever since I last sat down and wrote a blog post. I had planned to do the September blogging challenge, but that didn't quite go to plan and as usual, life got in the way!
 
These past few weeks have been so hectic for me, with the biggest change of all being starting University. University seemed like such a daunting experience to me, I was so anxious about what was waiting for me, but I love it and I couldn't be happier. I'm not your normal uni student who lives in halls or in a house with a whole load of students. I commute about a 45 minute train journey twice a week, but there's no price to pay when it comes to the fact that I get to keep my normal home life with my family, friends and boyfriend in my hometown. Some may say I'm missing out on the who uni experience, but I'm really happy and content with it.

Through mid September it was my boyfriend, Tyler's birthday and we celebrated it by going away for the weekend and exploring places such as Portsmouth, Littlehampton and Chichester. This was probably one of the best weekends of the year and we didn't want it to end. It's nice to just escape to somewhere which is unfamiliar to the both of you and just explore and get lost in each other without having to worry about other commitments and other people
 
Another change you may have noticed is that my blog has had a revamp! It was getting me down; my old blog design. I had designed it and very poorly at that. I wanted something professional looking and I just can't get the hang of this html stuff, and this was when I came across Steph from Bonjour Belle. Thanks to Steph, I now have a beautiful new blog design and something which actually makes me feel proud to blog on, I just now need to sit down and start writing these posts! As well as a lovely new blog design, I was also treated you a gorgeous new laptop from my Mum, after my very old, out-dated laptop died on me I've been boring a very small Netbook and getting very frustrated at the size and quality of it. For doing so well with my A-level results and getting into uni Mum treated me and I feel totally spoilt. So yes, there are no more excuses for me not to blog anymore!

These are probably the biggest changes in the last few weeks, I'm thinking of doing a monthly roundup series rather than weekly, (as I'm really not that interesting) but perhaps it's something I'll look to add to my blog come 2014 when I reflect on my blogging achievements and goals?
 
Tyler and I, being totally photogenic and posing before going out to dinner.
Image taken from www.weheartit.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs