Monday 4 March 2013

Apple Crumble Cupcakes

Finally Monday is over! The other weekend I made some Applepie Cupcakes, but personally I think mine look more like Apple Crumble! The recipe sparked a lot of interest on my instagram and I know you guys love a good foodie post. These cupcakes are great and easy to make, they're so delicious (even my veggie and fruit hating boyfriend ate them!) and they're perfect for a quick (healhyish) snack or winter warmers.
 To make these cupcakes you will need...
Ingredients
For the cake base
- 50g/ 1 3/4oz butter
- 70g /2 1/2oz brown or caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 150g/ 5 1/2 oz plain flour
- 1/2tsp mixed spice
- 1 large cooking apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1tbsp orange or lemon juice

For the topping
- 40g/ 1 1/2 oz plain flour
- 1/2tsp mixed spice
- 25g/ 1oz butter
- 40g/ 1 1/2 oz caster sugar.
Step One.
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
Step Two.
Firstly, make the topping, place the flour, mixed spice, butter and sugar into a bowl and rub together with your finger tips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, set this aside for later.
Step Three.
Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat together until light and fluffy, then gradually beat in the egg. Sift in the flour, baking powder and mixed spice ad fold into the mixture, then fold in the chopped apple and orange juice or lemon juice. 
Step Four.
Spoon the mixture into the paper cases. Add the topping to cover the top of each cupcake and press down gently.
Step Five.
Bake the cupcakes in the over for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Finally, leave the cupcakes to cool (but I always have to test try a nice warm one fresh from the oven! ;-) )
And here we have them! I completely forgot to add the topping before cooking so once they were finished I added the topping and cooked them for a further five minutes but on a low heat, they still tasted delicious and crunchy! The cakes stayed very moist all the way up until they were eaten. Excuse the burnt topping on mine, but my family love the burnt crispy bits! Let me know what you think of these and if you make them let me know and leave a link of any pics!
Enjoy the rest of your week!

15 comments:

  1. My boyfriend loves apple crumble so might give these a go. Really unique not something I have seen before x

    whatsonyourtulips.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'll love these too then as the topping is so sweet and crunchy, they're so easy to make! I found them in a random cupcake recipe book I have, I'd never seen anything like this before either! XX

      Delete
  2. They look absolutely delicious! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, these love lovely, I really want to make these! Followed your lovely blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hay, new follower this is a super nice post I really like it look yummy ;)
    follow back, if you like. andy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww these look and sound lovely! I will be definitely make them!! So yummy! <33

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm these look so yummy I want one xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. these look delicious! your blog is so cute, i love it. following you now! (:

    lindseyduffin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks really good! yummy :D

    Maybe we could follow each other?
    Let me know ^^

    - xo Supernat
    makeadreamlast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post! I really enjoyed reading it :) Lovely blog!

    Come check my blog out..
    elliebeaa.blogspot.com
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! That looks and sounds delicious! I need to start baking again I haven't done that for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this looks delicious! i might have to make it, apple pie and apple crumble are my favorite things ever! thanks for the awesome recipe : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs