I've recently subscribed to the Glossy Box after cancelling my subscription with She Said Beauty Box, and I am so much more impressed with Glossy Box. This month the theme was Detox from Christmas and New Year, and the products were perfect for it.
The detox theme is perfect for this month. I have Christmas, New Year and my Birthday all within about a week of each event, just one after the other, and it's about now where I just want a good old pamper. To get my routine back and give me some 'me' time, because let's admit, there really is nothing better for girls!
1. Duck Island Body Lotion - This body lotion has an amazing Orange/Mandarin smell to it. It's really refreshing and would be great for waking you up first thing in the morning. This would also make an excellent body lotion for summer mornings too, as long as it doesn't attract the wasps. I also love that a little goes a long way! Unfortunately when I went on the Duck Island website to check the price I found you can only buy in bulk, and if it's a small order it's incredibly expensive. So unless I can find it cheaper and singularly I won't be repurchasing.
2. Jason Lip Balm - First things first... This lip balm smells of After Eights. I'm not even exaggerating, you ask anyone, even my boyfriend! The lip balm retails at £1.99 which is a reasonable enough price for a lip balm. I've found that with the few times I have used this product my lips have stayed very moisturised, this is probably because it's made using Bee's wax, Aloe Vera and Shea Butter.
3. Paul Mitchell Super Strong Daily Shampoo - I can't wait to use this Shampoo as it's meant to be for daily use and due to a condition I have I need to wash my hair daily and sometimes with medicated Shampoo. I have yet to find a daily shampoo which is really good enough. For now I'm using trusty Herbal Essences but within around 16 hours my hair starts to look and feel greasy. So I can't wait to see how this one goes! 300ml of Shampoo retails at £11.50, which is fairly pricey for Shampoo.
4. Elemis Fresh Skin, Skin Glow Exfoliating Face Wash - I've always heard good things about Elemis so I can't wait to try this product and review it. For 100ml of product it retails at £12.00 which for a product and brand which is supposed to be good, I don't think it's an unreasonable price. This exfoliator also smells great so is intended to be a daily scrub, and with a refreshing smell like this each morning I know it'll perk me up. However, I'm not sure that I will use it daily on my sometimes sensitive skin. So keep your eyes peeled to find out how I get on.
5. MONU Aromatic Mask - I've recently become really into face masks so this is another product which I can't wait to test out and review. For 100ml of product it retails at £24.95 which I think is a bit pricey and I could find something cheaper on my budget. The mask aims to increase vitamin and mineral absorption which is great if it's going to give my skin a glow. It also contains Beeswax and Coconut oil to soften and hydrate the skin. So all in all it sounds very promising!
This is a great detox kit and I can't wait to properly try out some of the products. What did you think of January's Glossybox?