Friday 15 February 2013

Shopping When You're Ill Leads To This...

GOOD MORNING LOVELIES!
The sun is shining down here and it's just a lovely Friday! I know I've been absent for a while and that's because of a number of things. 4 weeks ago I lost my job, the company are facing financial difficulties and around the last 100 people they employed had to be let go. I was working a fairly high earning job for retail and when I heard the news I completely panicked and turned into a stressed out, panicked mess. For me, being in work is so important no matter what job it is, a job is a job, bringing in an income. I relied on that money for so many things such as car insurance, my phone bill, my gym membership, my monthly train ticket and then savings in case anything were to happen and I needed back up money for example, in case something happened to my car. So for the past few weeks job hunting has been my main goal. I've had a few interviews and I'm still applying for more jobs, so fingers crossed for me!
So with not knowing when my next paycheck is going to be I've had to go carefully and not buy things I don't need such as makeup. But when I headed into Boots and Superdrug yesterday for some medicine I came back with more makeup than I should have as I thought they would be little pick-me-ups for being ill. I didn't realise I had picked up so much.. I blame my hazy flu and coldy head!
Can you see what I mean now? But this was all necessities, I just had to have them!
However, in my defence a few things were buy 2 get 1 free! First up is Rimmel. I am in desperate need of this Foundation as mine is running very low so this was a must have. The Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation retails at £6.99 which I think is amazing for such a brilliant foundation. As Rimmel had the 3 for 2 offer I thought I would pick up a Kate Moss Lipstick. I have one of her original lipsticks from when she first brought them out in 2011 and love it! I haven't yet tried her new matte collection and as so many bbloggers are raving about the 110 colour I decided I had to try it. The lipstick was my free product from Rimmel as the Apocalips is 50p more expensive. I also chose the new Apocalips in Big Bang as I'm a sucker for a red. Lastly, a few days before hand I had brought the Apocalips lipgloss in Apocaliptic and I can't wait to try both of these!
Next up is Revlon. I have to admit that I have never brought anything from Revlon before, I couldn't tell you why, I just haven't. One of my friends who is also a beauty and makeup enthusiast suggested the Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer to me after she brought from her trip to Chicago. Now I full trust her judgement so if she says it's good then it best be good! I'm also late jumping on the bandwagon with both these products now. The Revlon Lipbutters and Lipstain are such a talked about product in the bblogging world and as Revlon also had a 3 for 2 offer I had to try them both. I brought the Lipbutter in Strawberry Shortcake and the Lipstain in Cherish Devotion, both are lovely pinks for the summer and as they are both £7.99 each it didn't matter which one was free.
I am a sucker for a new mascara, I'm always trying to find something that is bigger and better than my one before. So when I saw Number Seventeens new mascara, Doll'd Up, I wanted to try it, especially as so many people rave about their mascaras and at the moment Number Seventeen have got a promotional offer where if you buy their new mascara you get their Doll'd Up Liquid Eyeliner free. I couldn't resist! They aren't currently selling the Eyeliner separately by its self, so I cannot tell you the price of it.
Finally, I made a quick stop off at Superdrug and as usual, I couldn't resist MUA. They released the Mega Volume Mascara just before Christmas, and again, I have to try it! They also released their new Undress Your Skin Range the other day, and in one of local Superdrugs they only currently stock the Cover & Conceal Concealer Wand, which I hope will be fantastic, and I can't wait to try their new range out, especially the palette!
 
Pricing
- Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation - £6.99
- Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in 110 - £5.49
- Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Big Bang and Apocaliptic - £5.99
- Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer - £11.99
- Revlon Lipbutter in Strawberry Shortcake - £7.99
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Cherish Devotion - £7.99
- Seventeen Doll'd Up Mascara - £6.29 (Current promotional offer £5.29)
- MUA Mega Volume Mascara - £3.00
- MUM Cover & Conceal Concealer - £1.50
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I love the Rimmel 25 hour foundation and I have a couple of the Kate lipsticks and I really like them. I wish you the best of luck with finding a new job, Im sure something will come along soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always nice to pick up a few bits and pieces for yourself if you're feeling a bit under the weather :) Good luck with finding a new job, I hope something comes up soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has made me want to go on a huge Boots splurge haha, I really want to try the apocalips! Good luck with the job hunt Hannah! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get so excited when I get new makeup lol xx

    mac lipstick giveaway. 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. the Revlon primers really good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs