I have only recently signed up to the She Said Beauty Box subscription and after receiving my second box I will be unsubscribing. You can read my November Beauty Box review here. I really enjoyed the November box and have been using all the products, but when I received the December one I was less than impressed and felt that the products which I was getting inside didn't seem to be my moneys worth. So lets take a look...
First off, I apologise for the quality of my photos, it has been so dark and rainy down here that I've had to use artificial light which doesn't work well when taking photos of shiny packaging!
Looking at the contents my first reaction was that I like the colour of the Nail Varnish. My second was it's a box full of sample creams, and my third.. TEABAGS?!? I know that Beauty Box's are meant to be samples, but I find them totally irrelevant to me, and Teabags as far as I last checked are totally unbeauty related?!
1. First is the Amie Spring Clean Cooling Clay mask fullsize - it's an extra in the beauty box as a Christmas treat. I'm actually quite looking forward to using this and reviewing it. Many people said that they received it in a previous months box, but I am yet to try it. I am all for trying to improve my skin, so keep your eyes peeled for a post later on to see how I got on.
2. JING Whole Leaf Teabags - These were also an added extra into the box as a Christmas treat, and I know that they didn't have to, but I just can't seem to get my head around why?! Maybe the company had a whole load of samples that they wanted to get rid of?! I've given my mum this to try, but retailing at 15 teabags for £5.40 I somehow don't see them making an appearance in my tea and coffee jars any time soon.
3 & 4. - Next were these Doctor Duve samples for anti-aging. When subscribing there are different options of interest for skincare with anti-aging being one of them, and it was not an option that I opted for. Again these went to my Mum. She seems to be getting more out of this for me and she doesn't even pay the subscription.. madness! However, it is yet again a product which I won't see her rushing to buy as a full size 30ml Anti-Ageing & Firming Eye Cream comes at a cost of £115.00 whilst the Face Cream for 50ml comes at a cost of £129.00 and with Christmas just around the corner I think it is a bit unrealistic for mine and my Mum's budget.
5. YanNa Kiss Ghassoul Clay Mask - This is probably the most interesting product in the box and I can't wait to try it. It's beautifully packaged and is meant to be great for pampering. The Clay Mask is also for hair and body, so there will be some experimenting going on. A full sized Clay Mask retails at £7.00 for 250g
6. Minivita Baobab Body Oil - I'm a bit apprehensive about this product as I don't really like using oils due to being really greasy. However, the product description says it is non-greasy and absorbs quickly. The product is designed to improve skin elasticity and encourage the regeneration of skin cells. A full sized product of 100ml retails at £35.00
7. Techni Nail Varnish in Tawny Port - I love nail varnish's and as everyone knows I love my dark colours the most. This dark purple almost aubergine will be perfect for the winter months. This product is full sized and retails at £1.25 which is a bargain!
There are a few products in this months box which I like the look of, and some which I don't. I personally feel that there are just some better beauty box subscriptions out there for only a pound or two more. I have now subscribed to Glossy Box and I'm currently waiting on the December box to arrive and after looking at what everyone else received I cannot wait. Sorry She Said Beauty, it's just not what I'm quite after.
What beauty box subscriptions do you have?